Followers

scrap creations top 3

sweetsketchwednesday
Friday, October 22, 2010

Halloween cat

I made this card for the following challenges:

Kaboodle doodles challenge - Let's go Batty!

This is the card


This is the sketch


The stamped image is from Hooked on craft and I used H-0018 Halloween cats large from the Halloween collection.
I coloured in the image using copic markers and used stickles for extra sparkle.
I used a cuttlebug embossing folder for the spotty background and distressed it with sandpaper. I also cut out the bat and Boo from Happy Hauntings Cricut cartridge. I cut the top layer from Jac paper and used black glitter for sparkle.

Please feel free to leave a comment as I would love to hear what you think.


11 comments:

Shirley said...

Gorgeous rich colours and a great take on the sketch Karen. Lovely co-ordinating papers and I just love that Bat with the googly eyes.

shirley

Jill said...

Really love your card, that bat is wonderful and the cat in a hat! Thanks so much for sharing at Kaboodledoodles this week and hope to see you next time. Jill

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Hi Karen

Great card I love the way the bat looks like he is about to take flight out of the flowers and also love the Boo with the scrolls - really great. Thanks for joining us over at Kaboodledoodles this week and good luck.

Tina

**Farrah** said...

I love this card! The colours are so vivid and the way you've fussy cut the image, and that oversized flower with bat! All perfect!
Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles and good luck!
Farrah

Kreativmonster said...

Very pretty card! I especially like the bat's eyes! Thanks for playing along with us at stamps&fun=CREATIVITY!

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Karen, what a gorgeous card. I love the cute image and the papers are perfect. Thanks for joining us at stamp with fun challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Lindsey said...

This is so gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Fab and Funky this week x

Pink Room Therapy Designs said...

Fabulous card Karen! Love the intricate nature of the word and the bat. Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles!

mudmaven said...

Great card - really love the papers you chose and those embellishments are fantastic! Thanks for playing our "batty" challenge this week at Kaboodle Doodles! ~chris

Suzanne said...

A fantastic card. Thanks for joining us at Fab n funky this week x

Michelle Singer said...

Spook-tacular entry. I'm so glad you entered it on our challenge. Thank You! I hope to see you again for the next challenge at Creative Inspirations Challenge Blog. xxx
Hugz,
Michelle