Followers

scrap creations top 3

sweetsketchwednesday
Monday, February 7, 2011

Contemplating Cupid

I somehow found the time to create this cute cupid valentine card.

I embossed the white wash core-dinations cream circle with a heart cuttlebug embossing folder and sanded it back to reveal the core.
I coloured the white paper lace doylie with candy apple glimmer mist.

Close up of cupid


I stamped and embossed this image in gold and carefully coloured in with copics carefully avoiding the edges. I also added some stickles on his wings.


Here is the closeup of the flower

I coloured the edges of this gardenia and leaves (which were white) with gold ink and gold stickles.
I also used one of my favourite trinket pins that I make and sell.

I followed the below sketch from sweet sketch wednesday challenge


Here is the recipe:
Stamp: V-0002 Cupid from hookedoncraft
Papers: from my stash and paper lace doylie from hookedoncraft
Ribbon: Bud and bow ribbon from hookedoncraft
Flower: Gardenia from hookedoncraft ebay store
White Leaves made gold with ink: from hookedoncraft
Decorative Trinket pin: My etsy store

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Stamps fun creativity blog - challenge 33 Valentine
Paper romance challenge - Valentine, cream, gold & red
Fun with shapes and more - challenge 76 of heart with heart

Please feel free to leave a comment as I would love to hear what you think





15 comments:

Nadell said...

So sweet and the image is cute. Thanks for joining us at SFC.

Hugs Nadell

sweetbloominscraps said...

Love your detail on this card! Your gold embossed angel is very precious and your flowers and pin are gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at SSW!
Judi SSW DT

Linda Anderson said...

Wow, this is one adorable card!! Such a sweetie of a cupid image!!! And that flower, absolutely gorgeous!!! Thanks for joining us at SSW.

Linda

Kathie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathie said...

Hi Karen, what a lovely card and the work that you put into your image is amazing and you've coloured your Cupid perfectly. I do love your embellishments, your ribbon and flowers are just so so pretty, this is a lovely card. Thanks so much for sharing your card with us this week over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie SSW-Design Team
xox

mulberry station said...

Wow karen, this couldn'w be sweeter. I adore the image and how you have colored her. Your emblishments are perfect. Beautifully done!!! Thanks for joining us!
Nancy SSW-DT

Kreativmonster said...

Wonderful card! I like all the sweet details very much! Thank you so much for joining us at stamps&fun=CREATIVITY, hope to see you back soon!

Catherine said...

Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Craft this week with such a delicious card ! Love the image and the flower ! Good luck !

Genevieve said...

Oh my goodness Karen, this is one sweet card! Cupid is super cute & fab embellishments. Thanks so much for joining us this week @ SSW :)

Genevieve DT

Donna said...

Lovely card Karen, and thanks for sharing it with us at PRC this week.
hugs
Donna xx

Dori Shelton said...

This is just as adorable as it can be! The flower on the side is so pretty with all the gold stickles

Jeannie said...

What a gorgeously sweet creation! Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Kelly said...

Karen this is such a beautiful card! I love the trinket pin and the stunning flowers and leaves.

Sandra P said...

Eeek! This is too too cute! Love it :)

Thanks for joining Paper Romance this week!

Hugs,
Sandra P

Ria Zonnestraaltje said...

Ahhh so sweet ;) thanks for joining the Paper Romance Challenge :)
hugs Ria